Friday, April 15, 2011

Norman Reedus Paintings

So I've been working on some more digital painting practice. This time I chose Norman Reedus, who played Murphy MacManus in the Boondock Saints movies. I love his stare, and his squinty eyes with the little bags under his eyes. Hell, I love his eyes in general. Nice face, too.

I chose this one because the stare was the absolute strongest that I could find. I painted this one as I did the Allison painting: I found a good reference image, placed it alongside the left of the canvas as reference, and then painted it in Photoshop.
 Of the two of Norman Reedus, this one's my personal favorite.


This one below is my second attempt at  Norman. What can I say, I love his face and wanted to capture it. 


I'm personally not as fond of this one. It just doesn't quite capture him as I would like it to. I may revisit it and make some tweaks. Any critique is welcome, on any piece!

Also, side note, I added an artist picture for now. It was a little warmup sketch I did before the second Norman piece. :) It's me in my favorite hoody (minus the evil monkey illustration).

3 comments:

  1. Stacey I love your paintings of Norman. Norman linked to them on Twitter, so I had to come tell you how fabulous they are. If you're interested in selling them or prints I'd love to talk to you about purchasing the second one. Feel free to email me if you are interested in that at russtybrazil@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love Norman's face too. Lots of angles and great baby blues. You did a great job! I am very jealous of your talent Love to see more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work. He has been one of my favorite actors and I think you caught his essence in this artwork. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete